Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dinosaur Park and The Races


My Sister and nephews came up to visit a couple weeks ago. I had just gotten through with talking to a lady on my airplane. She said that she just took her little kids to the Dinosaur park in Ogden. The kids couldn't stop talking about it, even though I only understood half of what they said. I got excited and when I got off the plane I called my dad and had him look it up and convinced him to take us all the next day. I felt like a little kid again.

There were animated Dinosaurs, Rocks and Petrified wood. They had an entire section of fossils and Complete Skeletons. They had Allosaurus, T-Rex, 3 horns and even a Wooly Mammoth.

We soon found ourselves wandering outside in a garden area that had huge statues of Dinosaurs throughout.

Of course I think the boys favorite were the slides and jungle jim sets shaped like Dino's. They also had a little area where you could dig for Dino bones.

I'm so glad we went there. I didn't even know it was there and wonder if it was when i was a kid.

After that I went back to Salt Lake and out to Rocky Mountain Raceway.

There were car races going on. I'd never been to races, but a bunch of my friends went. I also went 2 days later with my cousin Brett.

I had a great time. Some of my favorites were these things called figure 8's where the cars race in a figure 8 and almost hit each other and Trailer Races...well it was more like a demolition derby but with trailers.

I Can't wait to do that again. Sad thing is I have to wait till next summer. Oh well It's worth the wait.

1 comments:

Salmon Tolman Family said...

We LOVE that Dinosaur Park too!!!