Friday, April 25, 2008

Rain and Flowers



I love the springtime. I love the dark clouds and rain storms, the flowers and new sprouts on the trees. I love it when everything starts to come back to life after the cold winter. For the past couple of days, in Chicago, it has done that.
I just noticed a few days ago the trees started to turn green again. There are so many trees here with flowers growing on them. They smell so good and are beautiful. I also noticed that the tulips are out all over the city. My roommate and I took a walk yesterday and I had to stop and look at everything and take in their wonderful aroma.

For the past couple of days there has been cloud cover. As I went out walking yesterday and today, I loved looking up at the sky. The clouds were so thick and dark.


My favorite is when there has been a slight rain and the clouds are still dark. All the bark of the trees is wet making the wood a little darker in color. I love the color contrast between these dark clouds set as the back drop of the red brick buildings and the trees with their light green buds. I love the clean fresh scent in the air mingling with the smells of the city. Once when it started raining, I just stood outside with my face to the heavens letting the rain hit my cheeks. It’s wonderful!! It reminds me of Europe. Well except for the wind.

1 comments:

Steph said...

Laura, Laura, Laura....I have been meaning to email you but have been busy preparing for my first yoga class. Anyways, lets get together soon!!!!!!!!!! We can hit up the beach (if it ever warms up)...and only 4 weeks till I move around the corner from you!!!

Steph