Saturday, October 11, 2008

Utah, Oregon and The Move


a lot has happened since I wrote on here last.
I had a great last couple of weeks in Chicago, but then I sadly had to move back home to Utah. One of the fun things that I got to do was go to a place to eat called Super Dawgs. My Uncle David told me to go there since I got to Chicago and I finally made it. They had a 2 big Hot dogs on top of the place. Mr. and Mrs. Dawg. It was kinda funny, but fun as well.

I also got to go visit the Botanic gardens again and hang out with my friend Michael. I think the funnest thing to do was drive his Nissan 350Z down the freeway. It was so fast and smooth. I loved having the windows rolled down and the radio turned up. When I got home and sunk behind the wheel of my little old dodge neon..wow did the 350 Z make that car seem like a little putt putt....

My friend had a little going away party for me on that last sunday. It was so fun to see everyone there and just chatting.

It seemed like I hung out more that week than any. I went to an FHE on wed. night. We played the wii and watched a movie.

I went downtown the last day I was on call with my friend Chris. We went to eat at Uno's pizza place, went down Michigan Ave and to Navy Pier. After that I went to my friend Tiffany's house to a party to watch The Office.
I then left the next day to head back home. I put my two suitcases full of my stuff on an airplane, worked a couple of flights before getting back on a plane and heading home to Utah.
I moved all my stuff back to my parents house in Tremonton for now. I'm trying to save money you see.
Well, a couple days after I moved home my Grandma Penrod had her 70th Birthday party. I flew my sister and her baby Keegan down from Oregon to go to the party and we surprised everyone. I loved the shock on their faces.

After the party I drove my sister back up to Oregon and Stayed there for a few days. It was so much fun.
I got to play with my nephews and get them ready for bed a few nights all by myself. I was pretty proud of myself. The boys and I went to town one night and bought cookies and hot juice (soda pop) and watched a movie. We had lots of fun. I love spoiling them :)


This past week I had my friend Martin come in from switzerland. We were on our missions together. I helped him extend his vacation here and then we went up to the U to hang out with another kid from the mission. We talked and ate. It was pretty fun. Oh I also got us lost a couple of times.

Today my mom and I got to go downtown and look at decorations for Halloween. We spent last night cutting flowers outside because it was going to freeze, making a pumpkin desert and watching halloween movies. I love Halloween and can't wait for it.

10 comments:

Miss Heather said...

I'm HAPPY you're moving to Utah!! Then we can meet up for lunch or something since it's been a MILLION years! :o)

Emily said...

So you are living in Tremonton! Come see us sometime!!

Aliesha said...

Hey Auntie Laura, when are you going to come visit me in Logan??? Me and my mom and dad miss you.

leslie said...

you look great! that kid from Switzerland is hot, anything going on? :) so are you still working for the airlines just out of Utah now?

Steph said...

I am glad you made it back to UT safe and sound and that you hit some classic Chi-town places before you went back! :)

Lisa M said...

Glad you had an easy move. It will be nice to be back near family. Are you still working for the airline??

Please enjoy... said...

what da... did martin do there? no one comes visits me, and I'm the freakin swiss!! sheeeesh.
aid, hope you had a good time.
when are ya gonna come visit me? i'm due in december, you know! maybe you can come look at the baby sometime december, january!! :)
hehehe

Laura D said...

Yup I'm sad and happy to be back..I will have to come visit all of you soon...ps les..the swiss kid is just a friend...and lydia you just need to come move to Utah and your swiss friend will visit you too ;)
Lis..I'm still working for the airlines and loving it, Just based out of Salty now.
I can't wait to actually move down to salt lake though...then maybe I'll finally feel settled

Stefanie said...

Laura D - you're such a state wide traveler! I love all of your pictures, it's so fun to see them. I would love to go back East some time. The only place - back that way - that I've been was FL and we weren't there for long (cruise).

Thanks for sharing pics with me, it's just like the movies!! ;)

It's so much fun to see you every week. Please keep in touch when you move. When is that, btw? So happy to see you!

~STEF

Anonymous said...

Friend so good to get in touch with you! I hope we can stay in touch! You are a great person. I have always admired you and am grateful for your friendship!
take care!
Crystal