Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Just Couldn't Stay Away!!

Last week I just couldn't stay way from my Friends and the Fall time in Chicago so I had to go back and visit. Before I went out there though I went on a four day trip work trip. We went to Denver where I got to see the Beautiful leaves.

I also went to Lincoln Nebraska where it rained most of the time but I got to walk around in their old town and look in some cute little shops and at all the yummy looking restaurants. I then walked downtown to get myself some cheap food. When I was checking out at the counter the song rain drops keep falling on my head started to play. The guy behind the counter said oh this song came just in time. I looked outside and to my dismay he was right. I had to then walk back 5 or 6 city blocks back to my hotel in a freezing rain storm in just a light sweater. brrrr!!!

My work trip ended in San Francisco so I decided not to fly back to Salt Lake, but take a plane then and there and go straight to Chicago. It was so much fun, but sooo cold and no I didn't bring a coat with me.

I went with my friends Michael and Sean to see The Blue Man group. Which was kind of weird, like nothing I'd ever seen. Non of them said a word, they just did weird things like play musical instruments made out of pipe, paint things, eat things and there was some audience interaction. It was fun though.

After a group of us went to a little cafe in Evanston called Kaffeine. They had tons of different kinds of specialty drinks. It was a laid back chill college kid atmosphere. They had these couches we sat on for awhile that made me feel like I was at Central perk just chilling on the couch like they did in Friends. We then stayed up watching movies all night long.

Most of the time i stayed at my friend Tiffany and Chrissy's apartment downtown. It was so fun to walk out and be right down in the heart of the city. I got to go to church and see all of my friends, walk around downtown and see the leaves and feel the biting cold wind. My old roomie and I went out for dinner downtown one night and then we all sat up in the hot tub chit chatting and looking out over the city from there roof. I loved it.
Ps this is a view from their apartment window.

I was also able to go support my friend Kelsey Shearer and go to her play that she was in called Bernarda Alba. It was a sad play, but very good and I was glad that I was able to see it.

I wish the trip could have been longer and I could have seen more of my friends but I had a great time and was glad I was able to go.


Me and My friend Michael outside the blue man group theater. Its funny I used to live right around the corner from this place and saw this sign all the time, but thought it was just an advertisment...didn't know it was their theater.

We weren't supposed to take pic's inside..so this is my illigal pic :)

This is just a Giant Bat Statue that I've been looking for and finally found down town right by the Train Station.


On Daley Plaza they had an interesting show for Chicagoween. They mostly had acrobats and people just making jokes. It was kind of fun!!

At Daley Plaza they change the color of the fountain for different Holidays...Here it is Bright Orange for Halloween :)

2 comments:

Johnston Family said...

Hey Cutie,
Love all the fun pictures. It's fun to see all the places you get to go and all the fun things that you are getting to do. Luvs!!!

Angie said...

What... you didn't go to see Oprah? We love the Blue Man Group- they are tons of fun!