Monday, December 8, 2008

A Christmas Carol and A Birthday Party

I just can't seem to stay away from Chicago. My old roommate, the theater and the Christmas season excited to return. I bought tickets online to attend a production of A Christmas Carol at the Goodman Theater. My old roommate Chelsea came with me. The weather was less than pleasant as was the traffic situation. We quickly parked the car and took the train into the city.

We were an hour early and didn't know it, so we settled our hunger with 3 dollar Sugar bomb cookies and hot cocoa thick as mud. I thought I was going to go into shock.
The Play was wonderful. It kind of scared me in a few places, when Jacob Marley came in and also the Ghost of Christmas Future. It was really kind of creepy. I decided things are creepier in person than on TV. Anyway this is one of my favorite Christmas stories. I love seeing the transformation of Scrooge and seeing how having the spirit of giving can change people’s lives.

The next day was my friend Lauren's Birthday. We had a party for her at night and a bunch of friends got together to go watch a band play. We had lots of fun. The only bad thing was the weather. I was so glad that I had warn a sweater with a hood. When we came out of the place, it was a blizzard. I threw on my hood, linked arms with a friend and ran slip sliding out to our car, which we couldn't find, because it was covered in snow. We finally made it home unscathed, Thank goodness.

Lauren,Chelsea and I

0 comments: