Thursday, June 25, 2009

Martin and San Diego


So my friend Martin from Switzerland moved to San Diego for a few months. He was in an intense English program in La Jolla. One of my trips ended in Ontario and so I decided to rent a car after my trip and drive down to visit him. It was so much fun and only slightly tragic.

The fun parts were the first day we went to the beach and played sand volley ball and later that night headed on over to the San Diego Temple. It was so beautiful at night. The next day I drove all around San Diego while Martin was in class taking tons of pictures of all the sights.

The Tragic part of the trip came when I picked Martin up and we went on a walk along La Jolla shores beach. We were walking in the water and sadly my camera fell out. I never even new that it happened until it was lost. All those pictures and memories lost. At least I downloaded a couple before I lost it. I guess I'll have to do as the people in the old days did. Just remember it.

Later that night we went out to eat with a bunch of his swiss friends. We lost them in downtown and spent 30 minutes driving all over trying to find them. When we did it was in little italy and a wonderful little resaurant. It was great fun except I couldn't understand half of what they were saying. Swiss German is messed up! Anyway we left really late and I had to drive straight back up to Ontario, got 1 hour of sleep before I had to head off on a plane back to Utah. Oh well, It was worth it!

3 comments:

Ken said...

Just do it again!!!!!

jan said...

If swissgerman sounds messed up to you, why not just take the lifelong course?

Laura D said...

haha...thats very true Jan..it would help me out lots huh!!