Thursday, November 19, 2009

Oregon Visit and Corn Maze


Me and Alan had the chance a couple weeks ago to go up to Lisa’s house and help out around and play up on the farm in Oregon.

I wanted to introduce him to Lisa as well as show Alan the farm. He loves farms and animals and the country, but hasn’t been around it much so this weekend he was in heaven! It was like seeing a kid in a Candy store. I was able to take him over to feed the baby calves, combine corn and even help Lisa break down a wall in their basement.

That was one of the hardest things I’ve done. It was like trying to break down a wall of concrete with a hammer. The wall was stucco with reinforced with Chicken wire. Kind of frustrating but it made you feel really accomplished when you actually got one down.

I also loved the chance I had to play with my nephews. They are growing up so fast. I loved talking to Chase. He seems so much more grown up now that he is in school.

Trey was so cute. He walked around everywhere with his Cowboy hat and boots.

Keegan well He is just cute little smiley man, with lots of cranky stints between the smiles, but I loved it.

The next week my friend Chelsea came to Utah from Chicago. She had to be here for Flight Attendant Training. We had tons of fun after training was over. It was my roommate Nettie’s birthdays so we all went out to a corn maze at Thanksgiving point.

This corn maze was amazing!! There was so much extra stuff besides the corn maze there.

They had slides, a big jumping bubble thing, food, a mechanical bull and lots of little booths.

It kind of ruined me for any other corn maze. I will only bring people to this one from now on. Anyway we had tons of fun.

After we all went back home for cake and ice cream. The funny thing was we forgot candles for the cake so we were really ghetto and used matches for the candles. Yup it was a little redneck but fun.

1 comments:

Blacks said...

Laura....who is this guy? call me and let me know how you are doing. I haven't talked to you in ages.