Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hanging with the Fam


I had a lot of opportunities the past couple of months to hang out with my family. Some for good reasons some for sad. I was able to go down to my Uncle Brian and Aunt Ruthann’s mission Farewell. I'm so proud of them and a little jealous that they get to go. It was one of my most favorite experiences in life. I loved that so much of the family got together for it. I hadn't seen some of their kids for awhile and it was so good to see them and spend time.
I was also glad that right after the farewell, my mom, dad and I were able to go down the street to Mt. Pleasant and attend the Draper Temple Dedication. It was so wonderful to be able to sit for awhile before it started and watch a slideshow basically of pictures from the temple and to ponder the beauty and purpose of the lords house. I'm grateful that I was able to go with my family to it.

Shortly thereafter I got to spend time with most of my dad’s siblings again, but this time on a less happy note, for their aunt’s funeral. I enjoyed seeing them as well as many of the extended family. It reminded me of Family reunions as a child. I miss getting together with everyone, but glad we have times when we can catch up and celebrate life.

0 comments: