Friday, April 3, 2009

Draper Temple Open House



I was so lucky to be able to go to the Draper temple Open house. It is just right up the street from where I live. I was able to attend with my Mother, Grandma Penrod and Uncle Jim. It's weird to call him my Uncle since he is only a bit more than a year older than I.

Anyway Jim got the tickets for us and because of Grandma we got to park up at the temple in the Handicap parking. I'm so glad we could just walk in. It was freezing outside.
Anyway the Temple was beautiful inside. We were able to watch a short film and then tour all the rooms. My favorite were the endowment rooms. They were painted with scenes from the mountains, that reminded me of the mountains down in Fairview where my father is from. I also loved the huge sealing rooms. This temple has the biggest ones of all of them.
It was a special visit to be in there and I can't wait to go through it now that it is dedicated.

0 comments: