Saturday, April 4, 2009

Tight Ward Family

My Singles ward is amazing!!! We are all really close. Every weekend someone seems to have something going on. There is always a game night on Sunday nights at some random persons house and the fun thing is, is that everyone finds out about it and everyone goes. There is usually always between 40 and 50 people at everything. It's not even sponsored ward activities.

There have been a couple of really fun ones lately. My friend Torri had a PI party, yup PI party where we all brought our favorite pie and ate way too much, while we played games and chit chatted. I had five different kinds of pie myself and brought my new favorite, Raspberry and Blackberry pie. yummy!!!

My friend James had a big movie night at his house on March 13, better known as Friday the 13th. We watched The 6th Sense. We had a little contest to see if we could fit everyone on the couch.

It soon got to be impossible because so many people showed up. They had to lay on the floor around and sit on chairs behind the couch. I'm so glad I got there early. Of course the best party was after the movie, when we ate Orange and Grape Floats.

My friend Shaline threw a Smores Bonfire night on one of the first warm weekends in March. It was wonderful. We didn't even half to where coats!!

I mostly stayed around the fire, ate smores and tended to the flames, while others played basketball and Volleyball. Chit chatting and getting to meet new people was my favorite.

One of the main events at most of the Parties is Karaoke. It's huge. Everyone gets up and sings their little hearts out. Well everyone that is except me. Know they have not yet successfully pulled me out of my seat and forced a microphone into my hands and until they do that I will happily sit on the couch and cheer them on.

Some of my favorite nights are the Sunday night game nights or war nights. It depends on the game being played. There is this game called killer bunnies that we get pretty vicious playing.

Sometimes we all pull out different ones and section off and other nights it’s ended up as just a chit chat night and telling of worst date stories. Oh to good memories!!

3 comments:

Miss Heather said...

Truly and honestly I MISS singles wards and all the fun that came with being single. Enjoy it while you can. You're going to get snatched up one of these days!

Emily said...

All those pies look scrupmtous! I love baking pies.

Salmon Tolman Family said...

FUN! It makes me want to be single so I can come!