Saturday, July 5, 2008

Independence Day.



I was very happy that I was able to spend the 4th of July here in Chicago. The Big fireworks happened here on the 3rd. I had to fly and so I was unable to be there. I had a really late flight that was delayed, so I was able to see many fireworks out of the window of the Plane. It was so neat to see them go off all along the shore of the lake, while I was above them. On the 4th, I went to a Block Party in Berwyn, a suburb, with some friends from the singles ward. I had never been to a block party before and was amazed to discover that the entire city block was blocked off for it.(Hence a block party)silly me!! There was a fire truck, tons of food, A Volleyball tournament as well as a paper airplane contest. One of my friends and I found a big rocket and taped it to our airplane. Yes we were disqualified but it was fun.

We stayed there most of the day and I met tons of new people that I'd felt I'd known for a million years. Later that night I went with another friend down to the lake. We stood on a hill in the middle of a park in Montrose and Watched fireworks in the Harbor as well as tons of people’s random fireworks. We also got to see the ones South in downtown. It was so fun to be surrounded by them. They went off everywhere for at least an hour after the professional ones were over and we just walked around by the lake looking at the lights of the city and watching them..... It was a perfect Independence Day.

5 comments:

Robert said...

Hi Laura!

I love the cake, yummy! I am Robert. How are you? Nice blog. Have you seen mine?

Robert

http://www.blogger.com/home

Johnston Family said...

Hey sis,
It looks like you had tons of fun on the 4th and I'm glad you are having such fun in all your adventures. I'm excited to see you later this week! Have a splendid day -Lis

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Wow, I had no idea that blocks were blocked off for block parties either! How fun is that?! That's so cool that you saw the fireworks from above.

Ani B said...

Chicago sounds like loads of fun! Happy fourth of July a little late! Let me know if your flights ever give you some downtime in DC~

Miss Heather said...

You are so freaking beautiful! I can't believe how gorgeous you are. :)