Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Shoplifter

a few days ago I was at Jewel, A grocery story, and I saw something kinda interesting. I was walking out the front double doors and I heard a man behind me say excuse me. I turned around wondering if I had left a bag of grocery's and realized he was talking to a lady behind me.

She was a lady in her late 40's I would say and He was a young guy in his mid 20's. She turned to him and said. "Do I know you" he said "Yes". She then turned around and started walking again. He again said "excuse me". She said some things I couldn't understand, he kept saying excuse me and tried to grab her arm. She again turned to him and yelled at him "DO I KNOW YOU" he then yelled "YES" and right as I got through the door they both took off running past me. The kid threw off his hat and it almost hit me.

I was so confused about the entire situation, that I ran out into the parking lot to get a better look. The kid tackled the lady. I was shocked and wondered what was going on.

At that time another employee ran out behind me and said, "Oh did somebody steal something?" I then realized what had happened and saw the kid pull handcuffs out of his back pocket, cuff the lady and start bringing her back to the store. I just wish I would have pulled out my phone to take a picture. It was weird and interesting though.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Remember when this happened at Shopko all the time? :)

Laura D said...

yeah. fun memories :)