Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Little Sahara


So last Saturday I went with a bunch of friends to the Little Sahara Desert west of Nephi. We got there after 9 at night. It was so much fun, but rather chilly. We started a fire and then went out riding. It was kind of hard to see at night but that kind of made it fun.


One of my friends took me up to the top of a very large sand hill. It was kind of scary and I prayed most of the time we wouldn’t roll over. It was so pretty. You could see the stars and look around for miles. I even called my mother from the top.

After we got back to camp we just sat around the fire talking and gossiping…my favorite was eating roasted starburst. The best thing about the entire night was that we had a generator and a heater in the tent. It would have been so cold otherwise. We went to bed around 3:30 and I woke up at 7 right when it started to get light. Everything had a thin sheet of Ice on it. I wanted to get a picture of the sun rising so my friend and I wiped off the seat of a bike and went up to the top of the hill and watched as the sun peaked over the mountains and spilled over the valley. It was so beautiful. I had to leave very soon after that because I was on call, but it was a fun weekend.

This was the hill that we went up on the 4 wheeler

Here is when we were going down the hill

Here is a picture the other way….looking up the hill

8 comments:

Miss Heather said...

Roasted starburst? I'm going to have to try that!!

Johnston Family said...

look way fun there little sis. :)

Salmon Tolman Family said...

We LOVE going to the sand dunes. Only Josh has been to the ones by Nephi, but we usually go 4-wheeling to the ones by Rexburg every summer or fall. Isn't it just delightful?! I'm glad you had the opportunity to go! Thanks for the pictures, too. I've always wanted to see what the dunes by Nephi looked like.

Laura D said...

yeah...I like them. My mom's family is from nephi and they go out there every easter....it's crazy busy then...I like it at other times of the year :)

Lisa M said...

So fun!! That is my way to camp a heater. I will need to remember that one.

Anonymous said...

Hello. We salute from Chile. Browsing, I found your blog, I liked and I take the liberty of including a list of my favorite ... I hope you do not bother. If so, just let me know and I take off, I do not like to importune people.

A hug, to the next.

Debra said...

Looks like you are having too much fun! I would LOVE to go to the Dunes one of these days...

Jess said...

Hey friend! Happy Thanksgiving!!
I'm thankful to know you! It's so fun to see all your adventure posts!