Sunday, November 30, 2008

My 30th Birthday!!


Yes to I am now Officially 30. I've decided it’s not too bad. I think I was more traumatized the two weeks before it happened than I am now. For the past couple of years I've thought about what I would do on my 30th birthday. The big party I would have, the friends that I would have over. It didn't happen how I had first anticipated.

I was able to go up to my sister’s house in Oregon. My parents and I drove up there the night before. It was so much fun to wake up to my 4 year old nephew Chase wishing me happy birthday. My mother made my sister and I apple cinnamon pancakes, fried potatoes and Bacon for breakfast. There was even a candle in the pancakes.

After that my sister, dad and I went down to the store and after a little comprising, picked out veggies and meat for stir fry. Mom or Grandma stayed home with the kids and they decorated a cake for us and drew pictures. When my sister and I got home I made funny little crowns out of construction paper for us.

We then opened presents and ate cake. It was a pretty fun party even though it was just with my mom, dad, Lisa and her kids.

On the way home I tricked my dad into letting me drive and I stopped in Boise and took them to a movie theater and begged them to let me watch Twilight for my birthday. I was grateful my dad sacrificed his pride and came with me to watch it. I loved it. It wasn't the crazy party I'd always thought about, but what better way to spend a birthday than with your family!!

4 comments:

Please enjoy... said...

I'm still terribaly sorry for not calling you...
I'm a horrible friend!

simplysarah said...

Happy Birthday! Your hair is getting long. P.S. You look beautiful. :)

Salmon Tolman Family said...

Birthdays...not as fun when you get old as they were when you were younger, huh?! This past year I didn't even want to acknowledge my birthday or have anyone celebrate it; 29 sounds so old to me, let alone 30!!!
I seriously LOVE the crowns you made! They are so adorable! And I'm glad you got to spend the day with the people who matter most to you! There's no better way to spend it! I just saw Twilight this past weekend and absolutely thoroughly totally enjoyed it! Hooray for treating yourself to it!

Lisa M said...

So fun!! Happy Birthday!!