Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008


This year was not that eventful of a Thanksgiving. The day before Thanksgiving my parents and I got the stomach flu. We caught it from my cute little nephews and all felt a little under the weather. The morning of Thanksgiving I had to fly to Pocatello. My father was kind enough, even in his sickened state, to come up there and pick me up, so that we could spend Thanksgiving as a family.
My mom fixed yummy food, but because we all felt so crummy hardly any of it was consumed. Mother’s famous pies weren’t even made.


We all ended up just laying there watching a couple Christmas shows, not saying too much. Then mother had to take me back up to Pocatello so I could fly back the fallowing morning.
Even though we were all sick, I was very grateful that my trip was so close to home and that my parents were able to come get me so we could celebrate together.

5 comments:

simplysarah said...

That was a sad post. I hope you feel better and get to eat lots of food this week and throughout the rest of the holiday season to make up for your loss! ;)

Emily and Owen Johnston said...

I got the stomach flu on Tuesday night!!!!!!! I must have gotten it from my cute little nephews as well!! I'm sorry you guys were sick! It was horrible!

Lisa M said...

So sorry you felt so yucky for Thanksgiving. One year I felt that way for Christmas. No fun! Tell Mom and Dad Hi for me!

Katrina said...

Sorry your holiday sucked. but now I found your blog. Yea!

The Rich's said...

Sorry you were so sick. When you are in Logan next, call me up!!